what is bridging?
Exodus PCS is a Bridging Referring Agency. The Bridging organization provides furniture, household goods and other items needed for transitions. We schedule appointments, arrange transportation and can help acquire and deliver the items to your new home. The items are gently used but are often in good condition and you get to choose what you want!
A shortened list of available items:
- Beds, Chairs, Dressers, Couches/Sofas/Futons, Tables, End Tables, TV Stands
- Bakeware, Bathroom Essentials, Bed Linens, Blankets, Cookware, Rugs
- Clocks, Coffeemakers, Crockpots, DVD Players, Lamps, Microwaves, Radio, Toasters, TV's
What are MHM transitional services?
Moving back into the community is a major life event and the Moving Home Minnesota Transitional Services program can help provide various types of assistance including furniture, household goods and security deposits. We can help acquire the items, funding and delivery. Exodus PCS helps connect our clients with the waiver funded program and ensure all the pieces are in place the day of your move.
Eligibility for Transitional Services
A person is eligible to receive transitional services if he or she is:
- Moving from an eligible licensed setting to his or her own home
- Moving to a setting where these items and expenses are not normally furnished
- Not able to access transitional services from other funding sources (e.g., community nonprofit organizations).
A person must also:
- Be enrolled on the BI, CAC, CADI or DD waiver or be reasonably expected to enroll within 180 days
- Remain enrolled on the waiver for no less than 180 days after moving from the licensed setting to his or her own home.
Moving Home Minnesota provides transitional services to individuals transitioning without waivered services.
- Durable household goods (e.g., bed frames, box spring and mattress, dining table and chairs, dressers, lamps, sofas)
- Lease or rental deposits
- Household supplies (e.g., cleaning supplies, dishes, drinking glasses, flatware, pots and pans, sheets, towels)
- Moving expenses (e.g. moving vehicle rental, packing, unpacking)
- Utility set-up fees and deposits